FHT Cancer Massage Therapy (Oncology Massage)
Duration: over 2 days
Donation: £10 to the Catrin-Rees Doherty Foundation Charity no: 1177229
Please note discounts cannot be applied to this course as £10 of the proceeds will go to the Catrin-Rees Doherty Foundation.
* If you feel that you require additional training after the completion of your course we can offer 1-2-1 tutor support to help you in any areas you would like to develop in. This will be charged at a rate of £20 per hour and can be arranged based on your individual needs.
This qualification will confirm your competence for employment as an oncologist massage therapist. Career options are working in the commercial environment, NHS, Care Homes, Hospices or self-employment status.
Accredited with – FHT
Duration – over 2 days
Cost – £175
Requirements – Must hold a recognised level 3 body massage qualification
*Students may be required to work on each other on day 1.
On the second day, there will be an oncology clinic where you will be working on Oncology patients (please inform us if you have any patients that would like to book into the second day)
· Health & Safety
· Client Consultation and Communication
· Oncology and Cancer Diagnosis
· Contra-Indications & Contra-Actions
· Treatment Procedure and Oncology Treatments
· After Care Advice
• Client scenarios
· Test your knowledge quiz
· There will be an option to join as a volunteer for the Catrin Rees-Doherty Foundation, Charity No. 1177229. Your tutor will give you further guidance on the course.
★ HB Training will be offering a Level 4 Qualification in Oncology in 2018/19. More information will be released on the website in September 2018.
HB Training are also in the middle of setting up the Catrin Rees-Doherty Foundation, a charity which is close to our hearts.
You will receive:
· An Oncology Massage Manual
· No Case Studies Needed – however, on the second day there will an Oncology clinic and you are required to carry out a minimum of 2 massage treatments. These treatments can be carried out on people who you know have been diagnosed with cancer and are seeking a holistic approach to their healing.
★ Please note, we will do our best to arrange clients, but due to the nature of each client, there are times that clients will cancel at short notice. There is a booking form on our website that you can book in clients of your own, please click here.
• All products and materials will be supplied.
· Fully Insurable FHT Certificate
★ Please be aware that these arranged dates may be subject to change, due to the clients’ current health condition.
★ Please note the time on the second date is still 10am-5pm to accommodate all learners/clients.
★ Once you have finished your Oncology Treatments, you will be free to leave if there is nothing further you feel the need to ask any questions about.
Catrin-Rees Doherty Foundation – Charity Number: 1177229