City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Duration: 1 year
Price: £2100 – Deposit of £550 – 10 month payment plan of £155 per month
Dates: Start date available throughout the year.
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
No formal qualifications are required. However, you must have drive, enthusiasm and passion for the hair industry
Qualification will include
- NVQ in Barbering at Level 2.
- ESQ in Communication, Application of Number and Digital Literacy (Wales only).
Overview of Qualification
The aim of this qualification is to focus on all the basic requirements needed to cut and style men’s hair, create design outlines and cut facial hair.
Ensure your own actions reduce risk to Health and Safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change men’s hair colour
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional services and products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness in work
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Course is available to anyone over the age of 16.