City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Haverfordwest Training Academy
Duration: 1 year
Deposit of £550 followed by:
10 monthly payments of £155
Dates: Start date available throughout the year.
No formal qualifications are required. However, you must have drive, enthusiasm and passion for the hair industry
Overview of Qualification
The aim of this qualification is to focus on all the basic requirements needed to cut and style men’s hair, create design outlines and cut facial hair.
Ensure your own actions reduce risk to Health and Safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change men’s hair colour
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional services and products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness in work
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Course is available to anyone over the age of 16.